I kneel to pray


Dear Father,
Thank you for 2012.
You kept my family safe and healthy. 
I grew and discovered, faced my failures and faults and watched them sink in your grace.
Thank you for my family.
Thank you for friendships old and new.
Thank you for your loving kindness towards me. For showing me you are always there and that you care about my needs. You provided from your bountiful stores.

It is special to be alive in this New year 2013. It is comforting to know that you have wonder-full plans for me. It is freeing to know you as my Savior and Lord, my life is covered and insured in you.
You are the essence of life. You are the reason I live. 
Jesus be glorified in this broken vessel. I may not be the most intelligent, or the life of the party. I may even feel lonely sometimes. But you teach me that it's okay. You made me fearfully and wonderfully and for a purpose. Help me to constantly remember that I'm valued especially when my sense of self worth gets confused by the standards of this world.

Thank you for Jesus. I can't do life without Him. He means the world to me. He is my inspiration, my wonderful counselor. There is no better person to talk to than one who can say "I know!" and truly mean it.

Holy Spirit fall afresh on me. Give me a fresh revelation of what I need to do every day. Guide me. Lead me. Quiet me that I would listen and obey. Melt this vessel. Shape this vessel. Use this vessel. I want to be flexible and yielded. Yes, I'm stubborn I know, please help me.
Help me to prioritize, to see and do that which is most important to you.

Thank you for my abilities. Sometimes I need to be reminded what they are (Smile).
Open my eyes to the opportunities you place before me. I don't want to bury or return my talents the same way you gave them to me.
Show me how to raise these children. They are precious, but parenting is frightening, I don't know. Anyway, lets do it together, you gave them to me because you knew I was capable right?

Aah! God, this is only the first day of the 2013, there is always going to be a lot to say so let me pause and give you a chance to talk too.

Me

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kitante Primary School Circa the 1980's

The Peeping Petticoat

A spin through Heathrow airport