New Kids on The Block


One look at these guys and I immediately identified them as our good neighbors to the north:- height, skin tone... enough said. I could tell they were fresh as cucumbers.Dress code; check
People watching and eye contact; check
Hand positions; check
Close-knit sitting in the warmth of the evening sun; check
(Interesting how the idea of personal space is such a foreign concept. It also communicates a sense of unity in a strange land). 


You just know a mupya when you see one. Their demeanor reminded me of my own experience trying to comprehend this other part of the world. 

And their mannerisms? I know them all too well. 
Perhaps that explains why I'm constantly being singled out :-)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kitante Primary School Circa the 1980's

The Peeping Petticoat

A spin through Heathrow airport