Crossing over

It's almost Christmas day and I tell you this part of the city is dead quiet, seems like everyone (apart from us that is) has gone to be with family. I guess that's expected considering that three quarters of the people in our neighbourhood are students. The noise at night is less, the parking spaces are in plenty (doesn't make much of a difference, we don't have a car), but interestingly the laundromat is as busy as ever.
I'm enjoying these days of bliss when Sam is at home, the stress from school has subsided, exams are over (for now). Results are already coming back and so far things are looking okay, well at least he is not at the bottom. We are believing God for good performance overall and we have been praying. I found out that at Wharton one can't be too excited about getting 90% in an exam because you will discover that there are a whole lot of people who actually got 100%. Seeing as they are graded on the curve (grades depend on the performance of the class) that 90% might not be very good news. However I like Sam's attitude, he says he is here to learn, which he certainly is, and not to be on the Deans list. The Dean's list is not a bad idea but you might die trying, this school is not short of geniuses.

New years day is round the corner and this one time I'm not looking forward simply because it's going to be just Mich and I. Sam will be traveling to Spain to do some consultancy work, it's all part of his class studies, so nothing to be excited about. I mean it's going to be work and more work but visiting Spain should be fun, well he has got to make it fun.
That aside I'm asking myself, now that '06 is over what am I looking forward to in '07?, chill NYR's (New Year Resolutions), but what do I want to see happen in the New Year? What do I want God to do for me and through me? what do I want to achieve? what do I want to give my life and energy to this coming year?
Are you asking yourself the same thing?...
Hey!, don't stress it's just a question, I want to know if I've got company. If I'm not alone that's cool, if I'm alone it's still cool because I haven't got the answers anyway.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kitante Primary School Circa the 1980's

The Peeping Petticoat

A spin through Heathrow airport