It's official

I can officially say school is done. It's over, finished, ca put... well at least for now.

Sam did his final exam yesterday and he closed it off in style, I understand it was the hardest exam in the entire two year program.


We spent some time reviewing our experiences over the past two years. Even though it was exciting to walk out of the final exam, the thought that it's all over carried with it some nostalgic emotions. No more school, friends that have grown dear over the past two years are going to scatter to all corners of the globe. For some it's probably the last time they will see each other.

But on the actual purpose that brought him to Philly, Sam was content to say that he had successfully learned and experienced it fully.

Where as his experience was majorly academic, mine has been spiritual.
Living in Philly/America has been absolutely about getting a "God centred education", I couldn't define it better. Leaving a perfectly good job with the World Bank, transitioning into a full time stay home mom, losing two children, losing my identity, living within a strange culture, being out of touch with friends back home - essentially being striped of everything and in that chaos finding Jesus.

The big lesson has been - my life is not about me, it's all about God and what He wants to do in and through me. It has been a time to adjust priorities and realise that what really matters is me fulfilling God's purpose as opposed to God fulfilling mine. It sounds kind of weird but in surrendering and letting God have His way I find that my desires and needs are met. Many times not as I was expecting but exceedingly abundantly above, I just didn't know it until I took the time to actually look at the details.

Kind of like the potter and the clay, the black smith and the ore.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kitante Primary School Circa the 1980's

The Peeping Petticoat

A spin through Heathrow airport