Long Wood Gardens

Last Monday we took a trip to Longwood gardens, a very beautiful garden displaying flowers from almost all continents.




I'm thinking I might go back there in a little while to harvest that matooke because mmm it looks yummy.
We went with Brad and Becca (my pastor and his wife) it was fun hanging together.
The beauty of the gardens can't be articulated, one has got to see them for one's self. The gardens were purchased by a man called Pierre S. du Pont in 1906 and he created this magnificent garden that people enjoy today. I hear it was like his summer home and the gardens were in his back yard. I don't know how true that is seeing as ...













it's quite big. Fancy this as a backyard, huh?!


It's got fruits and vegetables, a picnic area, a desert house, a tropical house, fountains. Think about horticulture - it's all here.



















Comments

  1. Hey MO,
    Trust me people have laaaaaaaaaaaand in acres and acres. Did I tell you about my trip to Fort Portal? We visited this couple who have a small resort - Small my foot, it was sprawling miles of luscious green and trees everywhere!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aah! I'm learning. Do you think we will have any of this in our life time?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hey! Thanks for dropping by :-)

Popular posts from this blog

Kitante Primary School Circa the 1980's

The Peeping Petticoat

A spin through Heathrow airport