Feb the 14th

It was an ordinary day, even with all the hype and excitement of cupid, dashes of red on TV, in the news papers, on the streets and on the radio.
I chose to ignore the frenzy, mind myself and let the day pass. Previous wars and bewilderment as to why this particular day had to be special and raising fists against some guy called Valentine, taught me to leave the day and its celebrations alone, that’s if I wanted a semi normal day minus silent treatment and stuff.

So, I went to church as usual, listened to a beautiful sermon and chatted with friends. Sam suggested we swing by his mothers place for lunch - how cool is that? - Visiting mom in law on Valentine’s Day. It was all good, had a sumptuous meal and left 3 hours later. Now, this being a Sunday like any other, I dressed as simply and comfortably as I could: sandals, buggy pair of pants and an “ok” top. I was set to chill.

Sam however decided to take Mich and I for a ride. Across town, passed Muyenga, onto Ggaba road, passed Kansanga… when we made the turn to Buziga, I knew we were heading to a “hot spot”. Up and up the hill we drove to Casio lodge, Mich in tow. The view from up there is breathtaking.





















We had a beautiful evening, surrounded by lovey dovey couples whispering sweet nothings to each other and looking smashing. And there I was: - extended tummy, casually dressed in flip flops, with a little 6 year old boy giggling and excited to be out to dinner with his parents.
Priceless!
We had the noisiest table but it was cool.

Comments

  1. Anonymous8:24 AM

    Sweet and that place has an amazing view!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eh mama nga it has been a while since I last visited. You call Kampala home now- I am jealous.
    And you are pregnant- bambi congs.

    What else can I add? I am still jealous. Kla is for pakalast (now let me hope I used that the right way :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha. Noisiest table huh. I can imagine. Hope you enjoyed the dinner too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. splendid...lovely account of a memorable day... i see Sam killed 2 birds with one stone...unplanned events are the best...thanks for sharing...now we have a few ideas up our sleeves

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hey! Thanks for dropping by :-)

Popular posts from this blog

Kitante Primary School Circa the 1980's

The Peeping Petticoat

A spin through Heathrow airport