It's a Baby!!

Halfway there, woohoo!!!

I am feeling fantastic, energized and alive. Loving the weather! It’s been raining and the breeze is the best – anything in exchange for the crazy Jan heat. My nose has reduced in size – see what the cool breeze can do?

20 weeks doctor’s appointment; - the major ultra sound to determine baby’s gender, its anatomy and general health, insuring that all the organs are in place and the rest of it. I had my U/S two days ago and we are having A BABY Yeeee!!!; got two hands - five fingers each, got two legs - five toes each, a throbbing heart, a good spine and lots of energy. Little person couldn’t lie still, tossing and turning and folding and ….
Couldn’t gather the guts to ask for the gender … I know, my bad … but I just love mystery and surprises. When the radiologist pointed at the pelvis, I hoped that by looking intently I would figure it out on my own but I was wrong, the picture just got more cryptic. But it’s ok. If it’s a boy - that’s familiar territory, Mich gets a little brother to rough around. If it’s a girl – unfamiliar territory but Dad gets “his little angel”. Other than that babies/kids/children/teens all come with inimitable traits. Beyond the baby’s sex is its individual personality, made in God’s precious heaven. Nothing prepares you for that.

I haven't done any shopping yet, does that sound crazy? and now the added imperative to pray and search for both boys and girls names.

Had a better midwife appointment this morning, with my original hospital but in a separate location. I was early as usual and this time I had the midwife all to myself - I was the only patient in the clinic. I got the tetanus injection which I should have received at my first visit. Then I discovered that I’m 166cm ~ 5.5 ft - now that is not funny at all, I had no idea I was that short. I always thought I was 5.6 or 5.7, I must have shrunk somewhere along the way.


All in all, I’m good. Have a blessed weekend.

Comments

  1. Awwwwww, elated for you Mama Mich!!Keep safe and well.

    Maya

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hey! Thanks for dropping by :-)

Popular posts from this blog

Kitante Primary School Circa the 1980's

The Peeping Petticoat

A spin through Heathrow airport