My little gentle man

turned 6 today.

My oh my! His growing moments are forever engraved in my memory.
The aches of carrying him, the ecstasy of seeing his mystic but handsome frame on the ultra sound scan. The labor pains, the awe of seeing precious life emerge from my own, the sleepless nights, his laughter and tears and now his ever so firm ideas about everything.

Since his last birthday Mich has been going on and on about strange creatures, aliens, Bakugans, Ben 10, Iron man, somebody fire, flying bicycles ... the list is endless. Even though I have introduced him to the person of Jesus, whom he knows and loves, the pleasures of this world bear down on even the best of us.Some days he is amazed by David and Goliath but don't push it, his little mind craves variety and not only about this amazing God.

I started a ritual that I hope I can pull off for a long time to come. I blow up balloons and decorate his room and the house while he is sleeping. He is absolutely thrilled to wake up to a colorful world and his little chest expands in glee of his special day. But as the years go by, the decorations get more complicated - Spider man, Batman ... but I'm not going down the alien route.

After waking him up this morning, he quickly threw off the covers to see if his legs had grown longer, then he smiled and said “yes! They have grown”. I chose to keep quiet and let him enjoy his moments.

Mich, your papa and I love you dearly, Happy Birthday!!
Every day you confirm your name “Mich” which means blessing or gift, for that you truly are.

Comments

  1. Happy bithday Mich.

    lol@ the legs growing longer.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hey! Thanks for dropping by :-)

Popular posts from this blog

Kitante Primary School Circa the 1980's

The Peeping Petticoat

A spin through Heathrow airport