Update

Days turn into weeks, weeks turn into months.
I’m 18 weeks along; - 4.5 months down, 4.5 more months to go. Round about this time 2 years ago, I had the emergency delivery of Kwizera, my 3rd son. He was obviously too fragile to survive. The event is forever engraved in my memory, so each passing/growing day of this pregnancy is treasured. I’m not feeling the painful kicks I experienced with him or Nziiza, thank God! The cerclage is certainly working.

My appetite is back in full swing and I seem to be growing bigger every second, don’t know what is going on. I eat healthy average size potions, drink a lot of water but there it is - I’m already being asked my due date and yet I have got a loooong way to go before we even start talking dates. Funny thing is I’m gaining a pound or 2 a week, which is normal.
My feet and hands are not swelling but my nose, boy! My nose is going places. My face is puffy. I was advised to drink water which I know is good but it increases my trips to the bathroom. I’m not stressed and I walk as much as I can within the limits. I started out at 145 pounds – 65kgs, by the end of my first trimester I was down to 143 pounds – 64kgs. Now I’m up to 151.2 pounds – 68kgs. So in all 18 weeks I have gained roughly 5 kgs.

Cravings over the weeks:
Zinello Ice Cream, especially in the 1st trimester. I succumbed a few times.
Dominos Burgers – mmm! Just the thought makes me weak, I indulge occasionally.
Crisps and chips – I have painfully avoided.
Matooke (plantain) - Oh! I am a hopeless captive.
Pawpaws, Mangoes, Watermelon – love, love, love.
Green leafy veggies – Have some almost every day

Comments

  1. Glad you are feeling well!! That is great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. petesmama5:34 AM

    Oh, from your last posts I worried if you were ill. Be blessed, stay fed and rested and all the best for the second half.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks ladies, thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hey! Thanks for dropping by :-)

Popular posts from this blog

Kitante Primary School Circa the 1980's

The Peeping Petticoat

A spin through Heathrow airport