Zooming in

Today I will zoom in on what’s been cooking in my neck of the woods.
God has been good! But then again, what’s new with that? – It’s His nature.
It’s just over 3 months since we relocated to the US and look what He has done.

Sam started work, we moved into our own place 5 days ago, Mich continues to improve at school, and Amani gets to spend her days with mama. We are totally grateful.

The house is near empty but it’s alright. The owner was kind enough to leave his TVs’, a few curtains, a double bed and a table. The realtor who got us the place brought us some chairs. Pat and Ed gave us a TV stand, so really we are rolling in God's unmerited favor.
Christmas is here! I haven’t bought any decorations yet and with a 1 and 7 year old, you know that is serious business. I hope I can pull something off soon. Meanwhile, we got an invitation to The White House on the 23rd and Sam forgot to RSVP. I’m totally crushed! I was looking forward to the decorations and blogging all about it. I pray something even better takes its place because that hole is deep. On a lighter note, Joe’s cousin invited us home for Christmas, so we have progii for the 25th, yaay!

I passed my driving test on a rainy day, how cool is that?! The test is in 2 sections; computer based and on the road. I knocked them all out of the ball park! Reading the manual and answering multiple type questions made it a breeze. My instructor was a great guy. We can owe the few errors I made to the rain “blurring my vision” and coming from a British colony. I once nearly turned onto the left side – to oncoming traffic, when he gently nudged “Mary… Mary…, you are turning onto the wrong side of the road”. I forgot to turn off my lights after parking, he gently reminded me again. I was nervous but I think he saw through all that to the good driver that I am right? I got my driving license within the week.

I did a one month stunt of work as an administrative assistant, filling in for a lady who was away on vacation. It went well. Nice group of people, very friendly and supportive. I worked 10am to 6pm. To get to DC I took a bus from home to the train station (about 50 minutes) and then a train up to Farragut West (45 minutes). I got home at 8pm and had to be out by 7:50am just to get to work on time. Thankfully it was only 3 days a week, so it worked out quite well, Sam had enough time to recoup from being a stay home dad long enough to dive in again a day later. Well, that’s over for now. I don’t know what God has in store but since my baby girl is trying to wrap her mind round all these changes, staying home might be the best option for the moment.

I’m looking forward to curving out routines, now that we have a place of our own.

Comments

  1. i am liking the way things are going for you .

    He is faithful - isnt he.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to know you're settling in well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Wendal! I owe it all to God.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hey! Thanks for dropping by :-)

Popular posts from this blog

Kitante Primary School Circa the 1980's

The Peeping Petticoat

A spin through Heathrow airport