Its cold

Days are getting real chilli, I thought I would take Mich out for a walk today but eh! man! the wind chill was a bit much for me. I guess the reason we stayed inside was we are nursing colds and I didn't think the combination would work.
This past weekend has been a beautiful one, Sam was able to stay home, and that was nice. It was more than nice, it was spot on because Mich and I didn't see eye to eye, he made me so extremely mad that I needed someone else to handle him for a while lest I do something real crazy. For some reason he keeps forgetting where the restrooms are and seemed to be unlearning his potty training. I was not happy at all, even after we sat down and talked about the ordeal it would happen again. I realised that I was half upset because I had to do laundry more often than I had planned and I was low on money. It really takes God to raise a child the right way and His wisdom to know how to train and discipline. I realise I use Michs' mishapps to vent our frustrations which is not right, okey so he made a mistake but how grave should the punishment be? I have to keep reminding myself that he is only 2 years old.
We spent Saturday evening visiting with Felix and Candy Okoboi, it was absolutely great. Felix is finishing his second year and Candy just came over from Uganda with their two kids. I have never seen Mich play so hard like he did that night, as soon as we got there he set it off with the girls. They played, laughed, ate together, it was amazing. The sad moment was when we had to leave, the girls were close to tears but they really had a good nights sleep that's for sure.
Felix found out that he comes from the same village as my mom and that Sam also went to Buddo. More to that, Sam and Felix discovered they were both sci fi freaks, while Candy and I were more in to romance and real life occurences, that was fun.

Thanksgiving is round the corner and I'm looking forward, we had a kids club thanksgiving party last week. The kids had a wonderful time pinning feathers on the Turkey (not a real turkey but pictures)while the adults took some time to talk. I was able to carry on some real good conversations with a few moms and that made my evening. Come Wednesday Sam, Mich and I will be heading to Washington DC to give thanks with friends.I think every nation should celebrate Thankgiving because it's only reasonable to thank God for all the things He has done for us.

Comments

  1. Anonymous4:00 PM

    hi mary good to hear that Mich is grown now.bless him.Please enjoy Prov 31:10

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hey! Thanks for dropping by :-)

Popular posts from this blog

Kitante Primary School Circa the 1980's

The Peeping Petticoat

A spin through Heathrow airport