The keys

Today started really well for Mich and I, he was up early and we got ready to go to church. Just as we were about to head out the door I begun to look for the keys. They were not where I thought I had left them, that put everything on hold because Sam had already left home for another function.
Basically Mich and I turned the house upside down and couldn't find the keys, I was worked up but trying to be calm, he was worked up and begun to cry, well first he told me he was scared and I assured him there was nothing to be scared about, we would find the keys. Obviously he was upset, but the one thing that kept me going was the music that was playing on TV. It was just as if they had decided to play all my favourite worship songs, so even though we were absolutely late for church I had my time at home.
At some point I decided to just sit down and relax then Mich came and asked me for a hug, so we sat there just rocking back and forth when I remembered who I last saw with the keys and where he had put them. No prizes for guessing who had last handled the keys but as for where he had put them I would give a trophy. The keys were inside the study lamp, when I say inside I actually mean inside, Mich managed to push them up the opening of the lamp and they were stuck there. I was only able to see them from the angle that we were sitted. By this time service was definitely almost over but Mich insisted that he wanted to go to sunday school.
We got to church just as the service was about to end and Mich was not exactly very friendly because of our earlier ordeal, he was blaming himself. Long and short it wasn't a good idea to go to church, he was crunky, didn't want people to look at him or ask him how he was. He spilled water, was running through the church crying at the top of his voice, even Pastor Brad couldn't catchup with him, he threw tantrums, wet his pants, need I say more??
I was absolutely embarrassed beyond words, I was obviously very upset with him so we came home immediately. We had a small discussion in his room and now he is sleeping, thus I get some peace and quiet to blog.

Comments

  1. Anonymous3:55 PM

    Mich Mich Mich .... I think toto´s slipper would definitely have cured him! I wonder if Iridi will be half as mischievous. The signs are beginning to show, but since she can’t walk yet, her field of operations is very limited. She is down with a fever today ... poor thing. Ever since she started at day care, she has been down almost every other week with one thing or another.

    Sorry I’ve been quiet on this end. The job was taking its toll on me. I am starting in a new department on Monday (human resources), which promises to be less stressful. I will then be able to blogg you now and then.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hey! Thanks for dropping by :-)

Popular posts from this blog

Kitante Primary School Circa the 1980's

The Peeping Petticoat

A spin through Heathrow airport