Thanks Giving

Yeeee! we are back in Philly, I kinda missed home, I know that sounds funny but really it is nice to be back. It was certainly good to go away because now that we are back I appreciate home all the more. We had a great time in DC, it was certainly the Lord's doing and it was marvelous in our eyes.
We had a union of friends away from home (Uganda) and I met new and fun people.



Mich and I were scheduled to take the midday Greyhound bus to DC but we were only able to leave home at 11am, I thought that would be good enough time to get t o the station. Only I had forgotten how slow the bus from home tends to be sot by the time we were nearing the Greyhound station I was almost breaking out in sweat because it was 10 minutes to midday. By the time we got off the bus It was drizzling and then Mich started acting up, I had two pieces of luggage. At this point my mind is racing because we are almost late and I'm not sure how far the station is, meanwhile Mich wants me to carry him. I couldn't believe it! I explained to him that we were running late and that I had two other pieces of luggage so I couldn't carry him but he was not having any of that. He begun throwing a tantrum and crying so I stood for a bit wondering how to carry him and all my luggage. Just then a gentle man who saw my dilemma walked up and offered to help, asked me where I was going and picked up my bags, that was definitely an angel sent by God. I picked Mich up and we walked to the bus station, he was still a bit cranky but not as much as before. The guy got me to the station helped me get in line and asked if he could buy Mich something to eat, I was more than glad. When he got back he handed Mich some cookies and told him to be a good boy, I was still dazed at this gentleman's kindness, I kept saying thank you, I should have asked him for his name but I didn't think about it then. I was too glad that we had arrived at the station and that he offered to help. Meanwhile the station was extremely crowded, every body was traveling some where for thanksgiving so it was a crazy mess. Long and short of this, we got on to the bus at 1:15pm and got to DC at 4:00pm. Sam had classes that morning so he came a little later.
After a little while Mercy and Moses came to pick us up and we spent much of the evening at their home. Sam came in three hours later, it was certainly nice to all be together. Julie and Aiinza her six weeks old baby were already there all the way from Ohio so it was a great reunion. We had wonderful fellowship and great food before we went off to sleep. Mercy had organised for Sam, Mich and I to sleep at one of her friends apartments, that was great, we had not met before so it was nice to know that this lady (Brenda) was happy to open her home to strangers. Turned out that Brenda is a very close friend to one of my colleagues in the Bank and she had told me about her (its a small world) so it was beautiful every way.
I haven't eaten as much as I did over this thanksgiving period, Mercy and our host spoiled us silly. We had heavy branch every single day, watched a movie, went out on the town, did some shopping and had catching up time too.
On the day of Thanksgiving, Mercy and Moses had been invited to a friends place for dinner, they explained that they would come for a short while because they were hosting friends. Mercy's friend Al said no problem let them come too, the more the merrier, even after she had said it was going to be seven of us, he was good with it. So we all packed ourselves in the car and went over, it was absolutely fun, Al and his wife Cecilia and their daughter Nicole are from Bolivia so we certainly had lots of questions about culture, beliefs, way of life the whole works.
The next day we had a potluck dinner with members of cell group and again it was nice to meet people I hadn't seen in a while and we celebrated knowing Christ as Lord of our lives.
On Sunday morning we visited the Niwes' church and danced "Sing out" just before the sermon, it was lovely and people were excited to have us there.


We got on the bus that afternoon and headed back to good ol Philly.

Comments

  1. Anonymous3:01 AM

    Now, that was awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Patto,

    Good to hear from you and by the way thanks for the phone call, it came at a very appropriate time. That was very thoughtful of you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hey! Thanks for dropping by :-)

Popular posts from this blog

Kitante Primary School Circa the 1980's

The Peeping Petticoat

A spin through Heathrow airport