Fire works

Mich and I spent the evening of the 31st with my navigator friends, they had invited a Chinese friend, so we were a good number. I didn't get to have much of a conversation with him because of the language barrier. I tried at the beginning but I had to repeat myself 3 or 4 times switching words back and forth for him to understand what I was saying and even then I didn't get an answer to my question. We resorted to keeping the conversation light and short,with closed ended questions.
There was plenty to eat, we had meatballs, crab, greens, Pizza to mention but a few by the time we were half way I was absolutely satisfied.
We played a board game called Yahtzee and that was fun.
My Navigator friends love candy and this being the holiday season they had it all over the place. Alas my battles with Mich begun, I tried to keep the candy away but he had already seen it and was going crazy. I was successful for the most part but Brent couldn't help giving it to him, hhhaaaa!!!! he is like a grandpa.

Mich and I were dropped home about 9pm and soon after that I put Mich to bed. For some reason I had no sleep yet so I sat up, tried to watch TV, then decided to send some mail. Before long it struck midnight and there was lots of noise outside. I went to the front porch, looked up and I could see the beautiful display of fire works. I thought that was real cool, back home you needed to be at strategic points early enough if you wanted to see the fire works and now all I had to do was step out of the house. That was nice.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kitante Primary School Circa the 1980's

The Peeping Petticoat

A spin through Heathrow airport