Tooth trouble II

It used to be that the part I dreaded most about dental procedures was the numbing injections, gosh!!! the pain of that needle entering the gum and then the flow of the medicine into the gum muscle or whatever, absolutely horiffic!. Well nothing has changed, I still don't appreciate the process.
It also used to be that it gets better when you finally stop feeling a thing well not anymore.
I get a lot of "brain torture" when the drilling begins, it feels like I'm in a cement factory, no! like I'm a building site. The sound of the drill just freaks me out, even though I can't actually feel a thing. The whole process is unnerving, kind of feels like the dentist is doing major damage and my brain starts to trigger off pain impulses even where there are none.
I'm hoping that in the near future we will have one of those intelligent scientist invent a silencer, you know, a drill that doesn't make a sound but is still effective.
Ok, so the construction is over and everything is in place, then slowly the numbness begins to fade. But before it does,your face is all screwed up, you imagine (because you can't feel at this point) that your lips have doubled in size. Talking is really strange and when I was younger I bit my lip and tongue because I couldn't feel anything. You can imagine the shock when the numbness is gone and your whole mouth is sore.
And you wonder why I struggle to keep candy away from Mich?, I bet not any more.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kitante Primary School Circa the 1980's

The Peeping Petticoat

A spin through Heathrow airport