Friends

This week is certainly ending a lot better than I thought it would. Over the last two days I have received emails from friends that I hadn't heard from since I left Uganda. It has been really exciting, just when I begun to think, oh well I've been forgotten and I have only 2 friends left in the world. I also got an email from my former boss and a phone call from a friend wishing me a happy valentines.

Monday was Mich's 3rd birthday and sadly we couldn't throw him a party because I wasn't feeling too well. However he insisted on us getting him a cake so we bought him one and sang for him, that made him happy. I really wanted to do much more for his birthday and I think he is going to celebrate for a long time because I'm not through with him yet.

I had a eureka moment last Sunday when I finally found "posho flour", I had been searching for a while, got all sorts of strange powders until I found "corn flour". I remember some friends cracking on me and saying that I'd never find it because I was looking for the label "posho". What I got is as close to the real thing as it gets. All I wanted to eat was posho and dried meat in g-nut sauce, it was a stretch and involved walking long distances but I got it. Mich likes it too, something I can add to his diet because he hasn't been eating much lately. I thought he'd take on to Mac and Cheese, sandwiches and the other things kids love to eat here but no, he is interested in g-nut sauce, avocado, greens and tomatoes.

Comments

  1. WAY TO GO MICH!!! That's my boy! At least you are not going to be too worried about him getting obese.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hey! Thanks for dropping by :-)

Popular posts from this blog

Kitante Primary School Circa the 1980's

The Peeping Petticoat

A spin through Heathrow airport