Busy weeks

I signed up to participate in the African dance for the Wharton International Cultural Show. Rehearsals have been on almost every other day.
I did a lot of sitting around for the most past of the winter, now all over a sudden I'm working out like there is no end in sight. My body (poor thing) must be going through shock, wondering what's going on.
With the first practices I was aching every where, now I just feel exhausted.
This should help me lose a few pounds. It doesn't help that the rest of the dancers are tiny, I'm like the big mama in the group. Other than that, it's fun interacting with Wharton students.
The function is later on today and I'm looking forward, I think it's gonna be lots of fun.

After this I have to tune my voice for a wedding on Saturday. That should be quite interesting, I haven't attended any serious functions for almost two years let alone an American wedding. I'm not quite sure what the dress code is, I might have to go look for something because my ward robe has been in the "stay home mom" mode. You know, faded jeans, sneakers and t-shirts, I'm not even sure what's "in" these days. It feels like I closed that chapter when I came here - how ironic.
Anyway, I have a rehearsal dinner on Friday and the wedding on Saturday. As if it's not hard enough finding suitable clothing for the wedding, I have to think of the rehearsal dinner too.

Meanwhile it's 2 o'clock in the morning and sleep is no where to be found. Shoosh!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kitante Primary School Circa the 1980's

The Peeping Petticoat

A spin through Heathrow airport