Dreams

What's in a dream?
It's a question I've been pondering.
Lately I've had some pretty intense dreams and I'm wondering what to make of them.

When I have good dreams I kind of hope they manifest, but when I have not-so-good ones I just want to forget that they happened.

For almost three consecutively nights I've dreamed and been able to recount most of the details. Dreaming in itselft is a stretch, or when I do I can't for the life of me remember what happened.

Friday night, I dreamed that I was doing a photo shoot with Denzel Washington. Mmm! not bad, not bad at all. We took the photos and that was it. I wasn't falling over myself about taking pictures with Denzel. But in another corner of my mind (maybe the part of me that was awake??) I was thinking "girl, you got it good, people would bend over backwards to have this opportunity". The "me" in the dream was very laid back, we took the photos and sat there waiting for I don't remember what. The "me" not exactly in the dream was saying "now is your chance to introduce yourself and get the conversation going", well I didn't do anything. Then Denzel said "hi, are you married?" and I responded "yes I am". He said he was married too and mentioned that he had 3 kids. The end.
Now, if that came true woo hoo!! I'd be glad.

Do you ever wonder how some people show up in your dreams?, people you never think of, "how on earth did this happen, and just what are you doing in my dreams?.

Saturday night, I dreamed that I was with a younger person who wanted to go swimming in the lake. I agreed but before I could finish the sentence, the person was already in the water. I don't quite recall who the person was but they had Mich's personality.

I called to them to come back and put on some protective gear but they were already splashing. As I watched, a crocodile appeared from under the water just in time to close it's jaws on the person. I was in utter shock and helpless, the person was in the crocodiles mouth, it was too late. The end.
Not good, not good at all.

Things seemed to get even more wierd.

Sunday night, I dreamed that I was looking after uncle John (those who know him, know him, those who don't, don't).
Anyway, Uncle John was sick - was on crutches and had partly lost his mind. Some body came to the house and put me at gun point, I have no idea what they wanted. Just when the guy was beginning to threaten me Uncle John came in and said "don't even think about it". I thought the gun man was going shoot both of us, then ... it ended.

As crazy as dreams are, they just end, sometimes before the story is actually over.

I don't know what to make of all this but I'm certainly praying for cover.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kitante Primary School Circa the 1980's

The Peeping Petticoat

A spin through Heathrow airport