Escapades : 10th August 2006

My escapades continue, I met one of Sams classmates who told me of a nice park where I could take Mich to play, called "Clarke Park" so yesterday I decided to go and find it, I knew the general direction so that was not a problem. Half way the journey things get fuzzy so I decided to ask the next person I met. The first lady said she was not from the area so she didnt know, the next lady I met seemed willing to help so I tell her Im looking for Clarke Park and she says she has never heard of it, so I break it down to say its a play area for kids and she goes "oh you mean Clorck Pork" as in that is the way it sounds and I quickly nodded yes. I finally get there, beautiful place, moral of the story?! guys if I keep my UG accent I might not get anywhere so .... Im going to twist and turn my tongue for a bit.
Hmm then there is the whole washing machine business, I had decided to wash my clothes in the tub, for two major reasons really not to get in trouble shrinking my best wear and just to know that my clothes are clean ... mbu. Anyway it didnt work because there is no place to hung the clothes, one needs to use a dryer. So I decide to take a walk there and just watch how people do it, read the instructions so that when I actually go I also look like a pro. Lets just say I went in two different occassions read the instructions and blah but I still didnt get it . That is when I decided to persuade Sam to bail me out, he is the one who knows how to make mistakes confidently, thats if he makes mistakes at all. I finally figured it out and its not at complex as I thought.
Ok the latest is the vending machine, LOL! now that was funny, Sam buys lunch and decides to share it with Mich but apperently there was abit of pepper in the sauce and we were in the middle of town so he tells me to go buy some water off the vending machine. Panic! Mich is screaming Mummy I want water. Ok! I get to the machine, luckily its like an ATM so no one can see you haharring, I first punch in the number for the drink I want then slot in the coins. Money goes down and then nothing, Iam thinking the machine has chewed my bucks, what other buttons I can press?? only the one for my change, even the change doesnt come out, hmm. I look again and decide to press the number for the drink I want and voila!!! there it comes bumping out, phew!! that was a close call, I just realised that I had done the process the reverse. First put in the money then press the number for the drink, well something like that. Well I continue to learn.

Nice day

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kitante Primary School Circa the 1980's

The Peeping Petticoat

A spin through Heathrow airport