Salsa

Yesterday I went for a Salsa audition.
Wharton is preparing for it's annual International Cultural Show and students and partners are welcome to participate.
I signed up for Salsa and the African dance.

So yesterday I got an email invitation for the audition and I thought cool!, finally things are coming together. It was fun, I happened to be the only partner, the rest were students but that was fine. The choreographer was very friendly and kind of put us all at ease.

He begun to play the music and man! it was nice and full of rhythm. Then he taught us a few moves and we practiced those for a while. I got a hang of it.
Then came part two, the couple dance. There were only three guys so all the ladies had to take turns dancing with them.
Wow! I begun to sweat, all over sudden the place was crammed and hot, 'open the windows people, can't breath' (it's the middle of winter girl, you don't open windows). Anyway my issue was and still is, I haven't danced up close with a guy since... well I can't remember. Yes, I'm married but you know, Sam isn't into dancing. Ok may be he does dance but in most cases we are spread out lest some one (me) loses a toe or something that drastic. By the way I had to ask for permission before putting all this info out here so don't worry, Sam and I are cool.
Everything went down hill from the "couple" stage, I was not able to concentrate and I messed up a lot.
I don't know if I will be called back for the dance but I think it's okay. Some of those moves were really hot, I went home wondering if I could actually dance. I need to cross check you know.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kitante Primary School Circa the 1980's

The Peeping Petticoat

A spin through Heathrow airport