Icicles/Kampala craze

Today I was literally sliding on the road, there was ice everywhere. It was like a large skating arena I tell you. Now if walking was hard, then imagine what was happening with the cars. Well most of them were parked at home but for those that dared to go out, they were skidding like crazy.
Mich's school was closed for the day and so were many others.
So the joke that when it snows Texans stay home is not funny, there are good reasons - not skidding and dying being one of them.
Check out Mich's collection of icicles, he was so excited I was given strict instructions to keep them in the freezer.


But meanwhile my fellow Kampalans', what is going on?
Can we take it easy?, this borders on embarrassing.
But I must give some credit, these guys are fast, over here no one is thinking of putting up sign posts or anything. We are just stressed, there is a lot to deal with, the weather, the economy, finding a church for the first family, you know, that sort of thing.

Comments

  1. socks...i so claim..

    Trust me i will not be suprised if i have nices and nephews or cousins are called obama as a first name by the way...
    I so did see that Obama Disco Theque and i just couldnt help but laugh out loud...lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) there is something very warm and familiar about coming to this page.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous1:30 PM

    Nanti that is why I love Ugandans- "they do not waste time" as they say. Can you remember the Clinton craze, we had kids being called Rwaclinton.

    "tebamala"- they do not finish.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ScotchBiscuits,pray tell.

    All I can say is, your name is absolutely delicious, got my mouth watering already :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL, everyone jumps on the bandwagon quick don't they. thx for stopping by my blog sweetie.

    ReplyDelete
  6. wait! you have jeremy camp! you do get to his blog! my goodnesss i love thguy his music gene!okay thanks for passing by mine!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Better to stay at home than skid to death.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sound advice Emeka, thanks for dropping by.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous4:53 AM

    I'm still waiting for Obama the drink before I can offer my two cents

    ReplyDelete
  10. And for sure, someone might be cracking a formula right this minute.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hey! Thanks for dropping by :-)

Popular posts from this blog

Kitante Primary School Circa the 1980's

The Peeping Petticoat

A spin through Heathrow airport