A week of pre-school

It's a week today since Mich started pre-school and am glad to report that the protests haven't been as many or as severe as they were in Uganda. He seems to be getting a hang of it which is certainly nice. Of course the questions about why he has to write or read still come up but not as forcefully as before.
I think we are on to something good.
He has a file that details the events of his day and looking through it I definitely see an improvement, his name is getting more legible and the coloring is not too off. At such moments I'm usually delirious, hugging and kissing him and telling him what a great job he's done. Mich on the other hand has this - "what's up with you? it's no big deal" look on his face.
Over the weekend I was left speechless when after I spanked him for disobedience he said "thank you mummy for spanking me". Aaaah! who is this kid? did we get a swap? if we did they certainly did a good job and I'm liking what I am seeing.

Sunday school was great too, someone came up with this brilliant idea of making a prayer clock with pictures of family members. Whom ever the hour hand points to (there is only an hour hand on this version), that's the person we pray for. I like the way in the middle of a conversation he will move the hour hand then we have to stop and pray for that person, it's cool.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kitante Primary School Circa the 1980's

The Peeping Petticoat

A spin through Heathrow airport