2009 ---> Attitude of Gratitude

I feel like 2009 is a year in which we should look back on our lives and thank God for all the blessings He has given us. It is amazing what happens when we start counting our blessings, all over a sudden hearts are lifted, things don't look as gloomy as before and we realise that we are truly blessed.
Start with something as simple as life itself, I am so thankful to be a live, yeah I got bashed in 2007, was continuously reminded about it in 2008 but I'm certain I never would have made it with out big J or is it big G.

At times I feel real lousy about my big tummy and the fact that I have no kids (Mich not included) to show for it but then I'm reminded that God loves me anyway, it's not something He is hangup on and at the end of the day I don't look that bad - really.

This year, the words that dominate my mind are obedience, discipline and self-control.

Self-control literally means controling yourself - being the boss of you. It hit me recently that over eating is a sin, it means you have no control of your body but that your body has control over you. This is where the discipline comes in, beating the body and bringing it under control. It's not easy but the fruits are well worth it.

As for obedience, even as I'm constantly trying to help Mich understand its meaning - willing doing what we are asked to do, I'm reminded that the same theory applies to me in relation to God, parents, bosses, friends, colleagues, neighbors on and on.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kitante Primary School Circa the 1980's

The Peeping Petticoat

A spin through Heathrow airport