7 Salsas - Honey moon

This February I received a letter inviting me to a check out a restaurant called 7 Salsas.
The Letter.


Too good to be true right?! I was amazed by Robert’s business sense.

Would any restaurant owner in Uganda ever consider doing this?
All he asked was for us to give him a try.

When our anniversary swung around, we took Robert up on his offer - (I know, it’s like 4 months later but you know how life is).
There was a young lady/girl looking all cute and pretty at the door, she welcomed us with a smile and ushered us to cozy seats at the balcony. It was a nice cool evening and people were just beginning to trickle in for dinner.

A waiter immediately came over with chips and a spicy warm salsa dip – mmm good!
As we munched and engaged in small talk, the manager made his way to our table; He welcomed us again and offered two margaritas on the house – sweet!!
Sam ordered a Cha-cha Chimichanga (A giant flour tortilla stuffed with rice and either chicken or beef. Topped with chile con queso, served with guacamole and sour cream) and I requested a Fish Taco (2 crispy tacos filled with tilapia, cabbage and chipotle avocado dressing, served with veggies and rice).
The food was delivered faster than I could say “happy anniversary”. After our first bites the manager was back to find out if we liked it – “oh yeah! This is great stuff”.
Two bites later (ok as if), the waiter came to check if we needed anything, - “thanks, we are doing just fine”.

Meanwhile the margarita was getting to my head - I was already beginning to smile and my cheeks were hot hot; (that’s about the closest I get to alcohol, with a little wine now and then).
Mexican food is tasty! The fresh spices felt like party poppers going off on my tongue (I mean that in a totally good way) - I loved the way all my senses came alive.

We ate to our fill with the waiter and manager checking on us every 3 minutes.
I forgot about desert – but as you know, with desert you NEVER fail to find space, especially when it’s on the house.
Because our waiter had a thick Mexican accent I didn’t quite register the name of my desert, all I knew was – he recommended it and boy! Did it taste heavenly – toffee, coffee, caramel ish. Sam had fried ice cream which was as heaped as a plate of posho served in the village.
No, it didn’t taste like posho, it just looked like it.



This is TX after all and as they say “everything is big in Texas”.
It tasted great with rumors of cinnamon flavor all over the place.
By the end we were near groaning like Didi after his frantic search for the diamond filled jam jar.
Now obviously we couldn't’t leave without giving our ratings on the service, food and ambiance – that was part of the package after all. We told them everything was superb - just tone down on the thick Mexican accents (unedited version).
The margarita had really done its thing, so I stood up very slowly, held on to the chairs as I walked out – with a big smile of course, but I couldn't’t wait to get to the car so I could sit again.

7 salsas was the bomb!

How does it get the name? well, this picture says it all. They serve their dishes with the regular 6 salsas but the 7th, the one in the white dish is custom made in his kitchen. The 7th Salsa ... or something like that.

Comments

  1. Okay i am hungry
    very hungry

    ReplyDelete
  2. That makes two hungry bloggers from those pictures!!!! lol.

    Couldn't read Robert's letter to you though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Robyn-
    Tairebabs -
    I'm glad I wet your appetites, now you can go find something yummy :-)

    I guess the only way to read the letter is if you double click on it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It would never happen in Uganda because the guy would be ENUNDATED with people taking up the offer! You know us Ugandans how we love free stuff!!
    But would definitely like to come to Robert's restaurant when I visit. Will you guys still be in TX next year?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kim - Oh! I would love to take you to Robert's place. But right now, I don't know what the future holds. It's a faith walk at this point.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hey! Thanks for dropping by :-)

Popular posts from this blog

Kitante Primary School Circa the 1980's

The Peeping Petticoat

A spin through Heathrow airport