Play on

June 21st

The clock chimes
It strikes another hour
Another year ends – begins
Wrinkles and scars on this ebony mark a path
Each with a story
Of Sacrifice and love
Of errors and errands

Yesterday, I danced playfully to nursery rhymes
Today, the steps are intricately sophisticated
Sometimes the music blends with my heart beat
Sometimes I’m flustered and I lose my step
I’m still on the dance floor, mastering this skill called life
Drummer, play on
Beat the drum, so that I might pass on the rhythm
Play on till I can sway no more.


I'm a year older today, funny that it's fathers day too.
Double celebration in the "O" house hold.

Comments

  1. That is an incredibly beautiful poem. Wow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and Happy Birthday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very happy birthday Beautiful!! Wishing you all of God's blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  4. happy bday! i know its a little late but hope you enjoyed it

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy birthday. May you continue to grow in God's love and wisdom. To many,many more.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey
    I'm glad you had a great birthday!
    Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hey! Thanks for dropping by :-)

Popular posts from this blog

Kitante Primary School Circa the 1980's

The Peeping Petticoat

A spin through Heathrow airport