Summer time

Summer is upon us. Not sure whether to be elated or depressed.
It’s a fun time for the kids to go swimming and splashing, biking and hiking, rolling and strolling and making big messes.
It’s a great time to go on vacation, to visit sights you’ve been saving up for (credit crunch with standing). It’s time for family and fun, beaches and searches, laughing and basking in the sun's beautiful rays.
That is all good.

But when the girls decide - “Oh! It’s so hot, I could take off my skin”, I shudder.
They walk around skimpily dressed “look mom – arms, look mom – legs, look mom – kundishow, look mom – back show”, all over a sudden skin is out there like a problem. And it is a problem - guys are drooling, tripping, whistling, gazing and all that stuff. I once read a report that said men are more unfaithful to their partners in the summer, hmmm! wonder why?!.
In the winter you barely see skin, in the summer it’s a whole lot of revenge – the starved eat to their fill.
Ever seen a guy moving a round in briefs? It’s near impossible to see guys strictly in shorts – except at the pool, but the ladies?! - every where.

Ok, so it gets hot in Africa but kama mbaya mbaya, suits and coats are the order of the day; and ladies (for the most part) remain covered. Maybe African women don’t have the freedom - they are trapped in culture’s claws.
Could the heat over here be one to recon with? the Sun gets more furious when he looks in our direction?
Hmmm! Maybe that is why cancers are at an all time high over here – too much exposure.

Anyway, I’m told it’s called “my rights”, “if it feels good - do it”
I don’t know.
What ever happened to decency? And please don’t play my mind with “it depends on what the meaning of decency is”.
Oh well! I’ll lead my life and live what I believe. I don't need to take my clothes off for people to acknowledge I look good.

Comments

  1. we even do gomesi's..

    hey girl...how are the boys?

    ReplyDelete
  2. High Five on your last line! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok , so you cant take your skin off but you know its easier to just sit on the porch and tan without exposing anything. i hear you people over there walk around your houses with 'nassing' at all on your skins, hence the being overburdened by clothes when you find them.
    again, its an opinion, and two i said "i hear".

    dont eat me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. great weather enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous11:43 PM

    hey first time here...your banner speaks loud...lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What gets me is- some of these people are scared or look down on people of colour "us" but when the sun comes out they spend the best part of the season trying to get a darker skin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ug - Yeah! I had forgotten the gomesi.

    Princess - Thanks, Hi five back.

    Spartakuss - Careful there now, you don't want to start a war do you? because I have a black belt FYI

    Oyin - Thanks for the compliment and thanks for passing by.

    3TOC - Some kind of sour graping I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  8. i love the last line...deep,point well put...but me i like the free shows; makes it hard to concentrate but they are nice nonetheless; though you are speaking lotsa sense here

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sleek - Can't blame you, I guess that's how God put guys together.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hey! Thanks for dropping by :-)

Popular posts from this blog

Kitante Primary School Circa the 1980's

The Peeping Petticoat

A spin through Heathrow airport