Michael Jackson dead!

I didn't see this coming.

I'm watching Mich trying to spin around and moon walk (backslide) - really hilarious.
He had no clue who MJ was until today, now he is asking whether Michael Jackson will come back.
Why he is so famous, what he did, if the whole world is going to be at the LA hospital.

My memory of Michael is stuck in the time of Jackson 5, "Beat it", "Thriller"and "Off the wall" - Billie Jean, The Girl is mine, Fever, Bad - man! the list is endless.
I'm thinking - shiny white socks and pulled up sleeves and how we tried to imitate the look, yeah! even the girls.

Reminds me of the day Princess Diana passed away, the chaos, the questions, the confusion, the media buzzzzzzzzzzz.
These are events that stands out in my mind - leaving me speechless.

Michael was a weird guy, but he did amazing stuff in the music arena and boy! those dance moves will always be BAD!
So long King of Pop.

Comments

  1. R.I.P MJ and fawcett

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous4:14 AM

    ...still can't wrap my mind around the reality of it

    ReplyDelete
  3. i couldnt believe when a friend of mine said i so had to check it out on the news.

    very shocking...

    how are you girl though...hows mich..

    ReplyDelete
  4. His death took me to exactly the same place- the day Princess Diana died.

    RIP Michael Jackson. You won my heart with your music.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't say I've been affected to much by this.
    The thing is... my relationship with MJ existed only in the realm of magazines, newspapers, film, TV and CD (yes I own a copy of his Greatest Hits Album AND I bought it a few years ago). By the time he 'passed out of time' he hadn't produced any new material in years.

    The point I'm trying to make, a lot of people just liked his music, and not him the PERSON. And the music hasn't gone - it's still here. So why the mourning?

    And anyway he didn't want to grow old (called himself Peter Pan) - so can't rule out the possibility that he committed suicide?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kim, I guess that is the life of a celebrity. How many care about their struggles? If they came asking for money or aid, you can bet lots would run in the opposite direction. But let them release another beautiful album, act another great movie and the crowds will cheer like they were soul mates. What can I say - "It's human nature ... why? why?..."

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was very saddened and depressed by his passing...somehow reminded me he was just another mortal although growing up I'd though he's some kinda god...Am still with my white glove

    RIP Micheal Jackson

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous3:17 AM

    WAAA! he is too BIG to die! must hv gone to the place wer Tupak went!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hey! Thanks for dropping by :-)

Popular posts from this blog

Kitante Primary School Circa the 1980's

The Peeping Petticoat

A spin through Heathrow airport