Another silent birthday

June 5th

This would have been your 3rd birthday Nziiza.
I bet You thought I would forget.
No!
Not so soon, I miss you, I miss you lots.
Feels like you left just yesterday.

I look at your dad and your resemblance hits me smirk in the face.
Mich constantly wishes he had a brother.
You two would have made a great team - interjected with countless fights but good all the same.

Shall thoughts of you ever cease? I don’t think so.
A mother can not forget the child she has borne.


Yup! Still have the cute cream box with your wee possessions;- finger prints, foot prints, photos, receiving blanket and hoods – you sure gathered quite a bit for the hour or so that you were here.
I can’t help wondering what you would be doing now, I mean apart from pestering your big brother. But I’m glad to know you are with Jesus and if I keep the faith I will definitely see you again.

Love you

Mom

Comments

  1. this is heart-wrenching..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh, what to say? This was moving.

    ReplyDelete
  3. While I can never say, that I would know how you feel, I can empathise with You. I have a son who will turn 3 in less than 6 months and I can not imagine how it would be to loose him.

    I am glad however of your confidence in the fact that your son is with Jesus.

    So bask in the joy, that however shortly he made it in this world, You were the one, who gave him life and that he is with his Lord.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jan - Thanks for the kind words.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nziiza, we miss you very much here but we know u are doing better over there. Mjay, i am sorry. It is well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This has been by far one of the saddest posts I've read! The Lord continue to comfort you and give you strength.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Omo - Thanks, very encouraging.
    Carlo - Thank you, He is indeed my strength.
    Heaven! - Thanks, love that you said it that way.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hey! Thanks for dropping by :-)

Popular posts from this blog

Kitante Primary School Circa the 1980's

The Peeping Petticoat

A spin through Heathrow airport