By golly! I've been tagged

There I was, minding my own business when suddenly -"tag, your it!". Ugandan girl, smiling, said something about tagging me with the Honest Scrap Award.
I'm told “This award is bestowed upon a fellow blogger whose blog’s content or design is, in the giver’s opinion, brilliant.”
What can I say?, it's cool to be thought of as an Honest blogger but getting an award for it, is even cooler :-).

"Ahem!! Ladies and gentle men, I'm honored to receive this Honest Scrap award courtesy of Ugandan girl.
And now to bare my soul. It is scary, you know?!, kinda like a guy gathering his wits to tell a girl he likes her".
But anyway, honest things about me;

  1. I love peace and quiet. When I'm writing an article, patching together scrap notes, thinking through ideas, I need maximum silence. That is when it brews, thoughts flow like a peaceful river or a thunderous storm (depending) on to the paper or computer.
  2. I have the best family in the world. Talk about laughter, pranks, support, love, straight talk,squabbles - all mingled in there. My best moments were sitting in the kitchen, all 15 of us, listening and telling stories about boarding school.
  3. I was a serial liar as a kid, my goodness! Like I had been spell bound, I couldn't tell the truth to save my life. Lies rolled off my tongue as naturally as a ball on a slope. Jesus came to my rescue, hallelujah!
  4. I like to read a good book seasoned with humour that jumps out unexpectedly; The kite runner, anything Mark Twain, Catcher In The Rye like that.
  5. I'm quiet, I prefer to listen than to speak, but please don't push it.
  6. Tight! this one- I once had a crush on a colleague at work. I considered myself the worst sinner/wife/mother/woman on the globe. Then I found out that, it will happen, it's what do you with it that counts.
  7. I hate bugs but roaches top the list.
  8. I have always dreamed of singing background vocals with my favorite artists; Mercyme, Casting crowns, Jeremy Camp - watch this space, because, by the way ...
  9. I'm spoiled for deep lyrics and a catchy tune, belted by an artist who makes it believable, as though they were living in the moment of that experience. - But what hurts the most, You'll think of me, I can only Imagine, Who am I, You are God alone
  10. I did the long distance dating thing for 3 good years. It was back in the day when Internet and cellphones were only a rumour. We survived on snail mail for the most part - 4 weeks of waiting at the post office, aya! can't believe we made it. Walked down the aisle and I wouldn't have had it any other way.
  11. Hot tempered people freak me out.
  12. I tend to make rush decisions and end up kicking myself in the foot.
  13. Ok, I didn't mention this but it's the ultimate - I love Jesus.

Now, once tagged one can not as if scamper off like nothing happened, so to set myself free I searched for some peeps who I suspect are honest. Here goes;Emi,3TOC,B2B's,Maya,Unspoken words,Atupa,Bruised reed

That's all she wrote folks.

Then the instructions for the above

1You must brag about the award
2You must include the name of the blogger who bestowed the award on you and link back to the blogger
3You must choose a minimum of seven (7) blogs that you find brilliant in content or design.
4Show their names and links and leave a comment informing them that they were prized with Honest Weblog.
5List at least ten (10) honest things about yourself. Then pass it on!Who knew this would be so much work!.

Have a blast people, good day or night depending on when the sun arrives or leaves you.

Comments

  1. i love casting crowns and jeremy camp, absolutely

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmn
    not too shabby!

    ReplyDelete
  3. just a quick question if you had somthing in your eyes why did you close them...?

    Oh girl i so love those songs..'who am i' by point of grace and 'I can only imagine' by Amy Grant

    ReplyDelete
  4. UG - when some thing gets close to my eye, I naturally blink, that's how :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Banange, what brought me here?Can I untag myself? Okay wll get onto it sometime.


    "I can only imagine" - puts me in a place that I can only imagine. Love the words.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i really love 'who am i'..makes total sence.
    15...love big families..now im going to work on mine

    ReplyDelete
  7. M-Jay, Thanks for the award. I've been so busy I could not even pick it in time.

    You are such loyal person from the reveling information.

    I Love Christ too

    All that long-distance stuff worked for you, I should get some tips in case

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hey! Thanks for dropping by :-)

Popular posts from this blog

Kitante Primary School Circa the 1980's

The Peeping Petticoat

A spin through Heathrow airport