Gyming

Nearly every morning, I don my jogging gear and drag myself to the gym.
Working out is not fun, it's just one of those necessary evils so to speak.

5 years and 3 babies later, I have pots, yes pots on my belly that would inspire any woman to hit the gym. When I bend over my midsection unravels into 3 parts - Oh! it's a sorry sight I tell you.
Makes me wonder how these ladies do it -I know they are celebrities but they are human.
Didn't they eat byenda, salt less bean soup, porridge, more porridge and bitter berries just so the milk would flow?
I mean, it's murder trying to breast feed while dieting to lose weight.
What about the needed rest and dealing with memory loss? - pregnancy does things to you. Personally it takes another 9 months to figure out what is happening in the world, add the sleepless nights;feeding, soothing, changing diapers - absolute chaos.

How in all that mix do they get such coveted bodies?.

Halle Berry had a baby just the other day, she is in her 40's but look at her:-


So, with some kind of passion, I hit the tread mill and sweat like a wheelbarrow pusher in Kikuubo. Then I do so many crunches like my life depends on it, I feed on leaves and fruits - for the most part and yet every time I stand on that weighing scale am a pound heavier.

I hear some celebs use other means to lose baby fat.
Slimming tablets;- Mostly appetite suppressants, swallow them like you would panadols and voila. I'm not one for tablets anyway, an injection? - maybe.
Tummy tucks;- Unless it's a critical life saving procedure, I'm not about to go under the knife.
Slimming belts;- I hear you can slouch on the couch watching TV and chewing popcorn while the pounds drop. The belt has a vibrator that stimulates the muscles and gets them working while you chill - a likely story!
So while our women back home lose breath with the lesu, the ones of sharper race are getting the best of both worlds.
I fancy a Cinderella type waist but what happens with the arms?
Slimming pants;- They shape, sculpture and firm, making you look slimmer for a few hours.
Swimming, yoga - maybe.
If I could only afford a personal trainer, my troubles would be over or so am told.

See, while African tradition believes a mother should be endowed in every which way - a portion of my happiness is tied in with the way I feel about myself.
I get a bit of an oomph when my body looks semi normal and every thing is where it should be.

So maybe if I keep working out, I will achieve something by the end of the year but in the mean time I'm throwing out the weighing scale.
I'm not fooling.

Comments

  1. Halle Berry probably has a Personal Trainer, nutritionist and MAYBE a good plastic surgeon

    Celebrities are the minority - 2% of the population!

    All mothers should wear their 'battle scars' (pots) with pride... and invest in a good pair of 'magic knickers' ;-P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mjay,

    My ribs are aching..lol!! That line on bending over and you get 3 folds?? I am not any different from you!!But when I stand, am almost perfect-until ofcourse I bend over or sit!! I would never wear those belts that are on fashion, you know the ones that accentuate your waistline? Yeah, coz I know when I sit, my little pouch shall protrude! My fiancee calls it, THE SIX PACK!!

    Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gym Should be good enough. It's healthy and fittness building.

    Am not even 140 pounds and my doc was telling me all these ways of reducing fat/cholesterol...I'll stick to exercising which am yet to start

    ReplyDelete
  4. thought you had only Mitch...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Keep on working hard, you will get there.
    If you don't, accept yourself the way you are and the rest shall learn tove from the love you exhibit.

    All the best.....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Embrace the curves. My curves make me look uber sexy and I totally exploit them for my benefit.

    No Halley Berry for me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. loveliest episode of your life so far that i have read MamaMich

    first off, i am glad that you are seriously trying to get it off.

    it will surely please first YOU and then your partner second...

    The walks really do help...
    is he involved...

    and i know i ain't a mother, or even a woman for that matter, but hey... the battle scars are memorable, and the weight can go away with time and support

    and Halle Berry is indeed personally coached..

    ReplyDelete
  8. Eh mamamicth- there is more than Mitch?

    Did they used to call those folds mbu love-handles? I am seriously THINKING about STARTING to exercise not because I am want to lose anything but my heart, needs exercise.Cardio-blabla bla type of exercises. I tried to tell my work colleague mbu surely heart-break should count as a form of exercise because the heart hurts and yet still has to pump blood to keep the hurt one alive. She was having none of it. So I am "this close" to buying a skipping rope.There was a time when skipping was fun. Infact what was the song that went with it? "babligan,babligan, number twenty one, I went........."

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kim - I will wear the scars with pride.
    Maya - Atleast you know where I'm coming from.
    Emi - Only 140? dude!
    UG & 3TOC - Yep, I had 2 other boys, Jesus decided they needed to be with Him.
    Sibo - Thanks for the encouragement
    Tumwi - I can tell you are one confident lady and that's good. I need that.
    B2B - Thanks for the advice, I will keep moving. Hubby is not involved but he cheers me on.

    ReplyDelete
  10. take it easy. perseverance is what is needed. What I have found is that there is not short cut to losing weight and keeping it off. The goal is to make food intake less than energy consumption. My best weight has been when I have abstained from eating btwn meals. Drinkin water and chewin gum to get me thru the day, and eating twice a day whilst not eating after 9pm. I know with the children it is not a walk in the park, but continue to persevere. Your day of triumph is coming. Plus dont be too hard on yourself. Celebrate your African woman body!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks Oba, real good advice. I like the gum and water, will certainly try it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hey! Thanks for dropping by :-)

Popular posts from this blog

Kitante Primary School Circa the 1980's

The Peeping Petticoat

A spin through Heathrow airport