Where am at

Again, I find a song that expresses my disposition accurately.

Somewhere between who I was and who You're making me
Somewhere in the middle, You'll find me

Fearless warriors in a picket fence, reckless abandon wrapped in common sense
Deep water faith in the shallow end and we are caught in the middle
With eyes wide open to the differences, the God we want and the God who is
But will we trade our dreams for His or are we caught in the middle

Somewhere between my heart and my hands
Somewhere between my faith and my plans
Somewhere between the safety of the boat and the crashing waves
Somewhere between a whisper and a roar
Somewhere between the altar and the door
Somewhere between contented peace and always wanting more
Somewhere in the middle You'll find me

Just how close can I get, Lord, to my surrender without losing all control
Lord, I feel You in this place and I know You're by my side
Loving me even on these nights when I'm caught in the middle

Casting Crowns

Comments

  1. The God we want and the God who is- that line stuck out for me. Sometimes He is not the same person right?Sometimes we want the God who is like santa, you write a shopping list and want him to deliver like yesterday and yet the God who is wants to know me/you and in that knowing comes provision.Provision of stuff we most definitely need but not necessarily want.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We must always surrender all to Him even when things are not going our way. It is more important to know that His ways are not our ways.
    Lovely song!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hey! Thanks for dropping by :-)

Popular posts from this blog

Kitante Primary School Circa the 1980's

The Peeping Petticoat

A spin through Heathrow airport