Pastor Senyonga in my "hood"

'Skepticism' describes my attitude on hearing that Pastor Jackson Senyonga was coming to preach at my church.

Pastor Rod blew for him but, "nah-uh!"
My mind was clouded with the incident that occurred last year.
I never found out whether or not it was true, but it was there fogging my view of the "managad"(man of God).

When he got behind the pulpit to preach, his accent reminded me of Ragga Dee.
I know, it's crazy.
But Ragga Dee's song Mbawe where he says "My lord, my god, my gaddi" kept flipping around in my head.

Anyway, too many distractions.

He talked about how the devil fights christians in several ways and how once, he was on a plane to some place when "an accusation planted itself".
That put me back on track, probably because he mentioned "it".

The sermon was quite inspiring- about trusting God and what He has done in the passed.
He's been faithful, brought us through some really tough spots, why wouldn't He do it again?.

He urged us to be a people of vision, to dream bigger than what we can see, to be a people of prayer not casually or in crisis but committed prayer warriors.
By this point the congregation was on their feet in prayer and thanks giving, we were stirred up and encouraged.
It was intense! but I couldn't resist chuckling when he said we should ask God to "excelelate blessings in our lives", at this point people looked at him with blank faces, but being a Ugandan I knew he meant "accelerate".

Ok, so I have exposed my wickedness and the wanderings of my mind.
But when all is said and done, I was blessed to hear Pastor Senyonga preach.

People will always have misconceptions but it's great to know that God will vindicate His own and use them to further His kingdom.

Comments

  1. Anonymous4:11 PM

    Chic you have made me laugh like you would not believe.I have only gotten as far as the Ragga dee song and I could not stop laughing.Because I know the song and i know the part you talk of but more importantly I have got the song on some recorded DVD somewhere and the way he is dancing- okay let me go read the whole thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous4:17 PM

    This is how I view men of God these days and women too. Yes, we/they are vessels that allow God to use then but they are still a man/woman at the end of the day.They are as capable of falling as you and I are. The deal is knowing GOD having that personal relationship with your God-NOT their God.Because when these men fall then the trust is broken obviously but the ONE is still the same.God remains the same. If Samson fell- no-one is exempt. But the Ragga Dee bit finished me LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 3TOC- I couldn't agree more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hmm i think i commented but i dont know where my comment went.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous10:26 AM

    Hello,

    I'm Solomon King from Node Six.

    I've added your blog to the Ugandan Blog feed aggregator that Node Six is working on.

    It's called BlogSpirit.

    The current version is at:
    http://www.nodesix.net/blogspirit

    Drop by some time and see what other Uganda[n] Bloggers are saying.

    Solomon King,
    nodesix.com

    My personal blog - rogueking.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. RAGGA DEE GI DA MBAWE..TU WE!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hey! Thanks for dropping by :-)

Popular posts from this blog

Kitante Primary School Circa the 1980's

The Peeping Petticoat

A spin through Heathrow airport