Desperately desperate

If music be the food of spiritual growth, play on,
Give me excess of it; that ...

Unlike Orsino I have not and do not want to reach the point of surfeiting.

In about two weeks Chris Tomlin and Israel Houghton will be in Dallas for the Hello Love tour. These guys are on my list of favourite musicians, so I'm certainly excited and looking forward to attending the concert.

Being a christian artist must be quite humbling because even though we love the musicians we are not in it primarily for them but for what they can do. They are mere talented people who God has chosen to use, so we gather to ultimately give Him the praise.

Oh! but what really gets my adrenaline going is seeing a man passionate about God, a man desperately desperate (as I like to put it).

A man who puts all dignity a side and says "I have got nothing to loose, Jesus, it is me and you". I listen to groups like Mercyme, Casting Crowns, and guys like Jeremy Camp and oh my goodness the lyrics to their songs are inspiring and then they sing like their lives depend on it. That really gets me going. It's clear that they are giving their all, their very best and yes, that is what God desires of us in all areas.
But something about music and singing takes things to another level.

I appreciate the depiction of helplessness in this picture and I like that it is a man, women know how to get to this point naturally but no so for most men. The display of emotion, not only with the passing of a loved one or a business deal gone bad but a desperate need for his maker, now that is something to behold.

Comments

  1. The thing about music/worship is that it just literally ushers you into the throne room.The place to be.Wish i could be at that concert.A huge fan of mercy me too. Thanks for dropping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous2:23 PM

    I love Chris Tomlin and Casting crowns music.
    Yes, I agree that worship music can get you to a place that only worship music can get you.

    Enjoy the show.

    ReplyDelete
  3. All along I thought Jeremy Clam was a solo Artist...I also like christian music esp the alternative

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks I will certainly give you a heads up.

    Emi, you are right Jeremy is a solo artist excuse my sentence construction :-).

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hey! Thanks for dropping by :-)

Popular posts from this blog

Kitante Primary School Circa the 1980's

The Peeping Petticoat

A spin through Heathrow airport