Heart to Heart

Church was just the best today.

It's nice to walk into church and say hello to people, give hugs, handshakes, smiles that kind of thing. Since I'm still a newie I'm taking it slow but it's just great having all these people rushing over to say hello. It's clear they are not doing it out of duty but genuine concern.
I like that after the worship we get to greet our neighbours. Which reminds me of what that felt like in KPC, I actually believe people prayed that Pastor Gary/Chris/Julius would not say "turn around and greet your neighbor". The times I was not in the choir I sat around some people who kept their eyes glued to the pulpit, kinda like they had neck trouble.
Then it was like they didn't hear when the pastor actually said turn and greet your neighbor, but maybe it was just me.

Okay, I was telling you about service today. So I walked in feeling a little distant from God, my prayer was "Lord, draw me close to you".
Ann (the worship leader) did a number that reminded me of my backup days in the choir with my girls - Sheila, Edna and Flash, sweet memories.
Now, that was like song number two, song number three was "Lord Iam amazed by you", I really got in and was telling God how amazed I was.
Right there, at the moment God and I had a conversation that went somewhat like this,

God-"are you really amazed by me?"
Me - "ye..",
God - "if you are then what's all the fretting about?, is it to say I can't?"

See, Sam and I are facing a pretty tough situation right now and I must admit there has been doubt, fear, wondering how we going to pull through this, thinking maybe we dreamed too big and out of God's will.
These questions stopped me in my tracks.
Wow! I get the point Lord, I do.

While I was still getting my head around that, song number four "Be still" literally opened the taps, memories of Nziiza came flooding back - I was undone.

And then we sang "How Great is our God", my, my! absolutely powerful.
The the pastor wrapped it up for me by preaching a sermon entitled "No Loss is Too Devastating For God" and then this video of Derek Redmond.

Comments

  1. Anonymous1:47 PM

    I like Chris Tomlin's - How great is our God.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hey! Thanks for dropping by :-)

Popular posts from this blog

Kitante Primary School Circa the 1980's

The Peeping Petticoat

A spin through Heathrow airport