Happy Birthday

You turned 69 today, how awesome is that?!
I thank God for keeping you around this long and pray that He grants you many more years of good health.
It was great talking to you this morning, I felt the emotion sipping through the waves.
Thanks for the reassurance that all will be well because you know a good God who never lets His children down.
I was glad to hear you say, "this too will pass, life has ups and downs", you have been there and came through just fine. It was comforting.

I now find tears rolling down my cheeks just thinking about you.
We have been through some pretty tough times these past few years, sometimes I wonder how you kept your sanity because they were extremely dark for you in particular.

I remember quite vividly the day I knelt down in my room almost 25 years ago, praying and asking God to please find you and mom before He called you home.
I'm thrilled that He did.
He answered my prayer, I didn't know when it would happen but I kept praying.

Thanks for looking after mom and all 6 of us, you certainly set a good example of what a father ought to be.
Thanks for making sure we got a good education.
You introduced us to the wonderful world of books for which am forever grateful.
You made it a point to buy the latest LP's and cassette tapes, that was so cool.
Your taste in music was great, how else we would have stumbled on all time musicians like Bee Gees, Shalamar, Lionel Richie, Billy Ocean, Kenny Rogers, Michael Jackson, Donna Summer...
You encouraged us to bake and bake we did, I can still recall the time you bought the Ken wood mixer and baking dishes, it was exciting.
I never knew a man with a worse temper, by the way what happened with that? I mean I don't see it much any more.
Love the souvenirs you brought home from your world travels.
Did you know that my love for pets came from you?
I remember how you emphasised the benefits of waking up early, well I still struggle with that, sleep is sweet.
We know how to watch out for each other because you taught us that many times family is all we got.
The importance of being a friend?!, it's not so much what you say but how you live it out before us, the message is loud and clear.
Mummy is always number one.

By the way Mich was happy talking to you this morning. I informed him of your birthday a few days ago and he marked it on the calender with a smiley face.


The reason the smile is crooked is because you are a grandpa (talk to Mich).

Thanks for being the best, I'm glad you made Jesus your Lord, I wish you many more happy days and may God bless your every waking moment.
Love you

Me

Comments

  1. OH my...all i can say is..hope your dad has a good one....

    ReplyDelete
  2. socks....happy birthday to your dad for me..xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10:15 AM

    Anyone ever told u, u look like Juliana Kanyomozi? Cuz u really do.

    And happy belated birthday to your papa.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks UG, dad had a good one indeed.

    Miss Cheri, J.K?? no, it must be the angle of the pic

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy belated b-day to your dad!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous3:04 PM

    Hope you dad had a good one.

    I am now looking at your pic in a new light after Cheri's comment about Juliana.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hey! Thanks for dropping by :-)

Popular posts from this blog

Kitante Primary School Circa the 1980's

The Peeping Petticoat

A spin through Heathrow airport