All things mother-in-law

Mother-in-law!
These words weigh heavily on almost every girls tongue.
It either provokes a smile or sudden ulcers.

Will she like me?
Will I be good enough?
Shall we get a long or avoid each other?
Will my cooking be good enough?
Will she consider me a friend or a foe?
Am I pretty enough?
Educated enough?
Intelligent enough?
It’s an endless stream of uncertainties; some legit, maybe even a case of sheer anxiety and other times - a reaction to horror stories passed down "4th hand".

One fine Thursday evening I gather my wits and traced my boyfriend's residence.
I knocked at the door and I introduced myself to the lady who was clearly his mother.
“Good evening, my name is …, I’m a friend of your son (who at the time was outside countries). I have come to introduce myself and also to get to know you”.
Crazy stuff!!! – The things we do for love.

She welcomed me with open arms and that became my second home.
We spent many Sunday afternoons together and our friendship grew - it's still growing.
She sacrificed incredibly to make our wedding day special and I know she loves me like her own daughter.

As far as it is possible, every lady should spend a few nights at her mother in-laws.
Not only for bonding purposes but it's amazing how much you find out about your man from living with the people who raised him; experience his family traditions and their perspective on life.

You have set a beautiful example for me.

Thanks mom.

Comments

  1. much appreciated sharing such deep facts about your life MamaMich!

    ReplyDelete
  2. well seeing as am a guy, i have no comment, except to say i have no comment.

    hi mjay

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mjay
    you took me back in time last summer-i was to meet my gals parents n it had me all freaked,
    i had dreads n i tried to make then look as good as possible but all was in vain.....
    in waysi was very happy when the dad overlooked the dreads n we became friends,,
    yap inlaws do it for me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. B2B was supposed to read btn the lines...Robyn, good for you. and thanks for the encouragement Mjay, i know someone who could use this right now

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the moderation Sleek.
    Nicely put.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hey! Thanks for dropping by :-)

Popular posts from this blog

Kitante Primary School Circa the 1980's

The Peeping Petticoat

A spin through Heathrow airport