Switch?

Ever wonder what life would have been if you had made different choices?
Trodden a different path? - the road less travelled? or the one with all the foot prints?
Ever wonder where you would have been if you had studied that and not this?
What sort of family you’d have if you’d married the other guy or lady?
Where you would be living? If you would be wealthy?
If you would be dating or planning to marry? (for those of you)
Or are you simply glad that you are where you are without any regrets - no "if’s", "ands" or "buts".

I was musing about this when I came across a story about two women who found out they were switched at birth;
Raised by people they called mom and dad only to realize decades later that even though mom and dad were mom and dad, they were not actually mom and dad. Didn't that shake the core of their identity? wondering who and where they would have been if they had been raised by their actual parents?
Now am not sure I want to wonder any more - these ladies take the cup hands down.

Even though they made me profusely grateful to know who I am, from time to time it pops up:-
What would it be like to work in an office, discuss work related issues and not wonder about laundry or getting dinner ready?
Leave the house in a rush to beat traffic, get in before my boss - just so that she knows I love my job and am ready for a promotion.
Wear makeup and look all snazzy not in a track suit, gown or whatever, waving Mich off to school in the morning.
Thinking;- deadlines, procurement, appointments and not dish washing liquid, mops, brushes and detergent.
Make hair and manicure appointments not just slapping on a cap and sneakers.
To get a pay check at the end of the month – yeowwww!
Very tempting.

But then I wouldn't have time to check homework and play tag.
Attend class parties in the middle of the day.
I wouldn't have all the time to read novels and blog or have the prestigious title of manager of domestic affairs.
Errr I think it's all good for now.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kitante Primary School Circa the 1980's

The Peeping Petticoat

A spin through Heathrow airport