Love me some

I’m in a funk.
Musing about the rain.
They say when it falls it holds nothing back - it pours.
A drizzle, a down pour, hail stones, storms, thunder, snow, ice needles, sleet - name it.

This is how trials have visited me, except lately it feels like a hail and ice needles special.


Oh! why am I constantly going through wet seasons?
Just when I think the sky is clearing up and the master of the day is about to show his bright happy face – drip drip drip, it begins again.
I long for the day the sun will shine on me, dry my clothes; spur the butterflies to flutter around and the flowers to bloom.
Let it shine Lord! Please let your light shine on me – not in bouts but constantly.
Blind me with your rays yellow fellow, warm me up real good.
I need to smile again. It’s hard to sparkle when I am constantly drenched.

Once I asked for the rain but now, I can’t take any more.
My poor back is breaking under this load.
(Hmm reminds me of that song "I can't stand the rain").

Lord, love me some - in the way I understand.

Comments

  1. this rain is just too much i tell you! i feel like am drowning

    ReplyDelete
  2. and then to much of something just becomes to much....


    beatifully wriiten

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hey! Thanks for dropping by :-)

Popular posts from this blog

Kitante Primary School Circa the 1980's

The Peeping Petticoat

A spin through Heathrow airport