Power of the mind

I hope you all had a wonderful weekend.Mine was ok, I'll think back to see if anything drastic happened but for now I just want to say hello and also say how much I'm missing home. Something happened to me today that has made me look at myself in a whole new light. I know that being alone is a healthy thing, well, not too often but once in awhile, here I'm faced with it, not exactly out of choice. Its happened to me quite afew times that when the house is quiet, say Mich is sleeping and Sam is in reading or not in the house my mind tends to wonder in all sorts of directions, I think alot. I have literally stopped and almost looked at my self (if that is possible, I guess in the mirror it is) but just the things I have thought are shocking. For clarities sake I'm not running mad, I didnt think of killing anyone but eeh you!.The thoughts can be really loud, just confirms that I need God every moment of my life. I will not tell you what I thought, I just wanted to confirm that it is always important to think what is pure, what is beautiful, what is nice and what is praise worthy, ofcourse its a conscious effort but well worth it. I'm accustomed to having people around and being busy with work but this period of freedom is teaching me alot about the potential of my mind.After church today we were invited for a small meeting for those interested in joining the church. There was about 10 of us, we met with Bradd and Becca (pastor and wife) in his office and went through a session of study about Vineyard; who they are, what they believe, how they influence the community for Christ, their vision, values e.t.c, very detailed stuff and very enriching. I now know its history, what the church believes, what to expect and what is expected of me. I like the way they just live out the christian life, its not so much about greeting "praise God" all the time or using all the phrases we do back home. Their actions speak louder than the words and that is something I appreciate "its a lifestyle".

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kitante Primary School Circa the 1980's

The Peeping Petticoat

A spin through Heathrow airport