Surprise

Its already Friday and I just realized the last time I jornaled was Sunday, hmm! I wonder if that's good or bad. Breaking news, yesterday I received a call from my pastor Bradd (gees! that sounds funny, its always been Gary). Anyway he was calling to ask me to join them in leading worship on Sunday. I freeked out, I know I had mentioned to his wife that I used to sing but eh! that was a bit too fast. I think I would like to first blend in properly before I start getting involved. He read between the lines and said, you might want to visit one of our practices first to which I responded very emphatically.

Its very important to have your priorities right especially in this place. Sam has a class mate who came in when she was just about ready to have her child. The first time I saw her I thought she was a partner but no, she is a student. This place is really hectic book wise (I have mentioned that several times) you don't want to be having babies now. If you miss just one class you will be left behind, its almost like not being there for a whole week. Enough happens in one day that you just cannot afford to be MIA. Lets just say that if there was a test or exam on the day you go into labor and give birth that's it, you might as well forget getting scores on those paper because no professor is going to give you a makeup exam. Obviously Sam and I felt for her and once he sat with her for lunch and the topic of the baby popped up. She said she hoped to have the baby and be back in class the day after.
Either this is going to be her first child so she has no clue what to expect or she has had several that now its a piece of cake. Her mom must be in town, that's my conclusion and I'm sticking to it. The good news is she did have the baby, not sure if she came to class the next day but I know she sent pictures of the baby soon after. Can you beat that?! this place is definitely full of geniuses. Did I mention that her husband is a student too?!

Comments

  1. Hey
    seems like you are settling in ok. already been asked to join worship team - wooh! In London you have to jump through the hoops to be put on worship team - what with auditions and application forms!
    Hope that student copes well with the baby. Perhaps you can visit her sometime?
    take care
    love
    K

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now K,

    Let me just say upfront, that the fact that i didn't see you when you were last in town has nothing to do with this..!

    But how can you be sooo blase about this girl that's just had a baby and has a wharton MBA to conclude!!!

    Somebody pray..!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kymbugs,

    Don't be soo blasé about this! The girl just had a baby and has to complete her MBA, somebody pray!!! :-O

    P.S: You left town too fast for me! (That should qualify for an apology!)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hey! Thanks for dropping by :-)

Popular posts from this blog

Kitante Primary School Circa the 1980's

The Peeping Petticoat

A spin through Heathrow airport