Some pics

Its been a quiet week and nice at that, nothing drastic just the everyday routine settling in.
Monday was a holiday, labor day, it also happened to be Rachel's Birthday. Rachel is "our daughter" she is Ugandan, came in about a week ago, she is studying for her first degree and planning to be an Actuarial scientist. Don't ask me what that is but you might want to check it out on the Internet, when I first heard about it, I thought of aquariums and fish but no, they are not related in anyway.It has something to do with mathematics. She did her A levels at Namagunga and decided that Makerere was not the place to be so she applied to Wharton and was accepted.
We met her and her parents before leaving UG and seeing as she is very young, is a first born and she is leaving UG for the first time, her mother thought we would be good company. We are pretty much family.

I did a search on the net for the 'Navigators ministry" in Philly and I was able to get an email address through which I could contact them. I got a response the other day and today I met Brent and his wife, they asked for directions home and we had a good time. Of course I had to pray seriously seeing as its a scary world and after watching so many movies and reading stories, you never know who will show up. Apart from that, its not something I would just do,..... but I just did.
They are a wonderful couple, very helpful and passionate about knowing Christ and making him known.
By the way I met up with Becca, the pastors wife, nice! Banange the rain here can be so irritating, the kind that goes on all day. The day we were scheduled to meet it rained like that, I thought it would stop but it didn't. We have only one umbrella in the house and Sam had taken it, so I thought I would cancel. I called her cell phone but she wasn't picking, so Mich and I had to brave the rain. One thing I have learned about this place is, rain is no big deal, life goes on unlike in Ug where people just chill until it dries up. Anyway I was late for our meeting and lucky that I found her because she was just on her way back home. It was a good meeting just getting to know each other that's all.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kitante Primary School Circa the 1980's

The Peeping Petticoat

A spin through Heathrow airport