Lost in Franklin Mills : 31st August 2006

Today there was a trip organized for Wharton international students to go shopping at one of the malls out of town called "Franklin Mills". I'd been there once before with Sam but since I was nothing doing I thought I would go again. Franklin Mills is a maze, really really huge, like five times Game Store and some, so the time I went with Sam we didn't quite go all round. Of course I went with Mich, I happened to be the only black person and non student but it was okay.

We were told we had four hours to walk around or shop. It went well until five minutes to the time we were scheduled to get back to the bus. Mich had wondered off, at the start I thought he was in the Jessy Penny store, we had walked in earlier and played a little hide and seek among the rack of clothes. I walked around once, then twice, by the third time I was getting freaked, I couldn't see him. At this point I decided to let the guy at the counter know I was looking for my little boy. The shop was really huge I thought he could have run into an office or something. The guy asks for Mich's name and makes an announcement hoping that he would hear and come out, wa!. 
He then talks to one of the lady shop owners who helps make another search, now I'm thinking "just wait till I get my hands of you little boy". Anyway, Mich is nowhere and so she decided to alert police/ security who asked me to "describe what he was wearing", I couldn't believe I had to do that, never imagined I would have to be in such a situation.
At some point I had to call the guys in charge of the group to tell them I was running late because my son had wondered off, they said they'd wait twenty minutes, after twenty minutes there is no Mich. I call again and tell them they might have to go cause it looked like I was going to be much longer. They say they would have one person stay behind and help me get back, I appreciated that. Well forty five minutes later we get a call from security saying they found him just walking around but quite far away. They managed to track him using the video cameras' thank God for advanced tech and the efficiency and helpfulness of the security. That was a relief. I didn't know whether to slap him or hug him, but his smile when he saw me got the better of me, and everyone was so happy. 
I head out and guess what?! I find the whole team had decided to wait for me, that was awesome, and more to that some of the guys had gone to help with the search.

Phew!!!!!!!!! and I thought my stories were over.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kitante Primary School Circa the 1980's

The Peeping Petticoat

A spin through Heathrow airport