Strange sights

I took the bus today to meet up with some friends in Centre City. I was supposed to take a tour of the Kimmel Centre with them but unfortunately I was late and Mich didnt help much with all his running all over the place and trying to get into every hole. I was able to meet my friends after the tour so we decided to go to the library, not a good idea. Mich was not about to read or keep quiet for that matter so we had to leave.
I have been thinking and one of my friends suggested that I should get Mich a stroller. That might make our lives less complicated in many ways, 1. I will not have to carry him on my back every where we go, 2. He will kind of be restricted in his movements and 3. We'll both be less tired at the end of the day, well I hope.
On the ride back home there was a girl sitting opposite from me, she was obviously pregnant, probably 15 years old and she was sucking her finger. Hmmm! talk about babies having babies, that was not a very happy sight.
Then the bus stopped to pickup some more people and this grandma about 75 years old gets on. She had supports to help her walk and the bus driver was kind enough to lower the bus for her to get on. Three quarters of the people on the bus were high school students heading back home so all the sits were taken. No body bothered to get up for the old woman to sit, I attempted to but was told not to because I had a child but all these other kids were just looking on. I thought that was out right disrespectful, none of these kids even butted an eye lid, they were so cold. There is a sign on every bus that says "please reserve these sits for the elderly and disabled" if there is none, people can sit but if someone gets on and clearly needs the sit then you give it up. So I'm wondering, is it that they couldn't care less or that nobody has taught them to give respect to their elders? Is life so hard that every one has to fend for themselves no matter how old you are? Honestly I think its crazy.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kitante Primary School Circa the 1980's

The Peeping Petticoat

A spin through Heathrow airport