Praise Report

I would like to thank you all for being supportive and for the wonderful suggestions on how to make life in Philly better for me and Mich.

God continues to watch over us in more ways than I could have imagined I am really grateful and thank Him for being there for us. You may be wondering what has brought on all the praise but truly its just the way I feel His presence and in the things He does for us.
I think I can confidently say that we have found the church where we will be attending while we are here. This might sound funny but indeed it is "Vineyard Community Church" the very first church I attended. Pastors wife with the nose ring, remember?!, speaking of I haven't yet met with her, we set a date for 5th, that is Tuesday.
We've been to two other churches and as we visited my prayer was always that God would confirm it in our hearts. Today we went back to Vineyard and honestly it was simply amazing, nothing miraculous, just a peace and feeling comfortable there. They are really down to earth, not fussy about being flashy or anything, its an atmosphere of "come and meet God for yourself". Feel free to express yourself to God, also I like the way their vision is very practical, today's sermon was about "investing locally", find two people that you can pour your life into, share your gifts,abilities and talents, basically mentor and increase just like Jesus did with the disciples. We were also encouraged to have a focus 6 list, people that we purpose to pray for. Sam said he was quite happy attending here and to crown it all Mich had a great time in Sunday school, wasn't too happy to leave.
Something interesting, every parent who takes a kid to Sunday school is given a pager so that in case there is an emergency they can page the parent in the service. Sam had the pager and apparently he was paged twice but he didn't hear, why was he being paged? well Mich needed to go to the bathroom, since there was no response they took him. I was wondering why that was an issue, couldn't they just take him in?, then I was educated on how these people take the child abuse thing very seriously. If they are not very familiar with you, they would prefer you take your child to the bathroom lest you sue them for molesting your child.

Later this afternoon I took Mich to play and a couple came with their child, after a while the guy comes over to me and shares a brochure about his church. He then introduced me to the lady to give me details, I was really amazed at how she really blew for the church, how she thinks its the best, I would be really at home there ....
The teaching is solid and all but I just found it interesting that I would meet her soon after it was pretty much settled in my heart where I want to be. She was so helpful, giving me info about day care, voluntary work, finding my way around the town. She prayed for me, gave me her number, even said we would be welcome to her home for lunch and we talked for quite sometime.
Now is God watching over us or what?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kitante Primary School Circa the 1980's

The Peeping Petticoat

A spin through Heathrow airport