Dance auditions

I can't believe that I have made two month's here already, they seem to have flown by real fast. I'm not complaining, I hope the rest can go as fast, especially now that winter is round the corner.

On Tuesday I auditioned for the Wharton Dance Studio, that stages a dance show for the school every year. I found three moms who got there before me, their babies strapped in strollers and I gladly added Mich to the bunch, they looked cute. Obviously Mich is not the kind to sit there while music is playing so he jumped out and was running all over the place, doing his own moves and making people laugh.
Everybody was assigned a number and we registered our names and email addresses. We stood in four rows, there was over 30 of us. The lady in charge taught us some moves and asked us to follow along with the music, I enjoyed that alot. The song we danced to was done by Fox, something like "she gives me money...." it was obviously not christian but I certainly smiled when I saw David pulling sophisticated moves in one corner. David can be compared to "the papa" of the Wharton fellowship.
There were two other ladies who seemed to watch and take notes, I believe they were noting who had potential and who didn't.
I had signed up for hiphop, salsa and lyrical, I dropped off the lyrical when I discovered it was pretty much like ballet and that is certainly not my thing. The salsa was fantastic, I really enjoyed it even though my bones were not making the smooth moves. I sincerely hope I got on to the list because I was dancing next to pros which definately made me look amatuer to say the least.

Comments

  1. Anonymous4:20 PM

    Wow that’s some serious stuff. Couldn’t help smiling at the thought of you jamming to “Gold Digger - She gives me money…” I just saw something similar on MTV. The EURO awards were coming to Copenhagen, and Nelly Futardo needed some backup dancers. Hey careful now, you could end up on MTV.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hey! Thanks for dropping by :-)

Popular posts from this blog

Kitante Primary School Circa the 1980's

The Peeping Petticoat

A spin through Heathrow airport