I'm so unfit

Sam has been home all day for the past two days and that has been really nice, he is preparing for exams which start today (he is actually in the marketing exam right now). I thought since he was home it would be a good opportunity for me to go jogging, Mich didn't have a problem with that. I set out and in no time I was panting, I felt so heavy, my whole body was shaking, it kind of felt like with each step I took the earth shook, it probably didn't but I sure felt like I was making a dent every where I stepped. I realised that taking shorter steps and moving a little slower would keep me going for a longer distance.
I was glad that people on the streets were minding their own business and no one was staring or whistling at me. Back home it was very easy to get intimidated, the areas that one could jog through with ease were limited, there were always idlers standing by the road amazed at the fact that a woman was jogging. At times guys would whistle, call you names or in more hillarious circumstances jog along for a few metres. If you are like me, you chill the jogging and try dieting or just resign and let the love handles pile on.
Anyway by the time I got back I was really feeling energised, I had only run for 30 minutes and yet it felt like I had been on a marathon. After taking a bath, I felt refreshed and rejunivated, it was worth it all, even my brain was more alert. I guess thats why it's recommended to jog early in the morning. You have amazing energy after a work out, if you are working and have a presentation, you would leave your colleagues awed with your ideas. If you are a stay home mom like me then your little ones would be exhausted by the end of the morning seeing as they wouldn't be able to out do you. I hope I can do this on a regular basis.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kitante Primary School Circa the 1980's

The Peeping Petticoat

A spin through Heathrow airport