Worship team meeting

I don't know if you recall me mentioning how Pastor Bradd gave me a call inquiring if I was ready to join the worship team?! Well he did and I attended my first meeting on Saturday.
Evan, the worship leader was dealing with a new group, we had not worked together before so it was a nice time of getting to know each other.
I appreciated his style, we had an ice breaker and then did an exercise, he played a song we were all familiar with and asked us to listen out for the different instruments and how they were being played at various points. We listened for the drums and on my chat I was indicating "loud", "soft" and "roll" well at least that's how they sounded to me. At the time of discussion guys were talking about "the snare", "High hat", "kick", "crash" and "cow bells" eeh! I was thinking wow!
A little bit of background, as we had dinner I found out that Evans older brother played for one of the top professional bands in Hong Kong. Evan plays the guitar, Melissa plays the piano and violin, Greta tried the piano at some point but eventually settled for vocals. What about you Mary? hehehe uuh nothing.
So you can imagine how my little head was spinning when guys where pulling out all these heavy words. But that's all beside the point, what I was saying is I learned how to appreciate music as a whole, its richness is not only in the lead vocals but with the bass, the violin, the background vocals, acoustic guitar and others all combined. If one or more of these musical instruments is missing, a good musician will feel it.
The rehearsal went on for about two hours, at some point I begun to feel really fatigued and needed to rest. I got a real bad headache as I waited for the bus, by the time I got home it was more intense than ever.
By the way as I waited for the bus, a guy walked up to me and asked me whether I knew where he could buy a beer or wine, I just shook my head and he got the point. I mean we are in the middle of a busy part of the city, right across from where I stood was a bar. The guy was standing right next to the bar, there was lots of music, deem lights, people laughing loud the whole works. He crosses the street to ask me where he can buy a beer or wine?? Anyway I had problems of my own, as soon as I reached home I went straight to bed. Sadly the pain kept on a steady all through the night, I could barely lift my head off the pillow. At 6am Sunday morning, it felt like I had been hit with a heavy brick, I was not going to church however much I wanted to. I had to send a message to say that I couldn't make it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kitante Primary School Circa the 1980's

The Peeping Petticoat

A spin through Heathrow airport