Linvilla Orchards





It was quite a busy day today, the kids club organised a trip to the Linvilla Orchards.
It's a 300-acre farm dedicated to agriculture,
entertainment and education, it's a farm market, bakery and pumpkinland.

Certainly lots of fun for kids, it has lots of interesting sceneries, scare crows, legends about the harvest season and many stories about pumpkins and apples.
The people at the farm tell the children how the different crops are grown and processed. It's got apples, berries, pumpkins,peaches, maize, tomatoes, figs to name but a few. For the first time I got to know that apples had names. I had only known them by their colours green, red and gold.
We also took a hayride through the fields and orchards.





I was so excited by all the things I was seeing, at some point I put down my bag and forgot it there. I remembered a while later that I had actually come with a bag, I certainly panicked. I run round the pumpkins hoping to find my bag where I had left it but it was gone. Then my friend suggested that we check with the shop near by and for sure it was there. Some one had picked it and taken it to them hoping the owner would go and claim it. Is that cool or what?! I certainly know in UG the bag and all it's contents would be history.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kitante Primary School Circa the 1980's

The Peeping Petticoat

A spin through Heathrow airport